Friday, November 14, 2008

It is official!

I just accepted the opportunity in London! Wow - what a life-changing event! I guess you might want some background on how this all happened.

Back aound the time of Hurricane Ike, I talked with the COO of our company abou the possible opportunity to work in the London office. I did a great deal of research and decided it would be worth further consideration.

I flew to London the last week of October to visit the office and see Europe for the first time. It was exciting and cold and interesting. I visited different areas of London to consider places to live. I met with friends and co-workers to get their opinions on the city. I shopped in grocery stores and travelled via train, tube, cab and on foot. I visited street markets and looked at art on Piccadilly while talking to the actual artists.

Then, Richard and the girls came out to London the first week in November and I showed them around. We looked at neighborhoods and even saw a few houses for rent (very small & cozy). We went shopping and walked though parks and saw the sights. We went out to dinner with a British family in the shadow of Windsor Castle and rode alot of trains.

At the end of the trip, we all decided we wanted to give London a try.

No comments: