Sunday, October 18, 2009

Sick

Although I still love Autumn and cold weather, I am tired of being sick. Amber, Alexa and Richard all had a severe cold a few weeks ago. I seemed to have picked it up about 10 days ago as they were all recovering. I cannot seem to shake it! Now I have a deep cough and my voice is going in and out. I am sure I do not have Swine Flu as I have not yet had a fever. But come on already - I gotta get better!

We finally turned the heaters on today since it has started to dip into the 40's. I like sitting inside snuggled under a blanket watching TV. I am getting into the cold weather comfort food too. Today I am having Fish pie while everyone else is having grilled cheese. We had King Ranch Casserole last night and we will have to have some chili this week too. The leaves are changing colors and we have had a few blustery days like in Winnie the Pooh. Reminds me a lot of Michigan in a way.

Anyway, we did venture out for a walk today. Here are a few pictures from around where we live:






This last one is on Maple Road and we have not seen any of these cross yet - but who knows?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

I've never seen a zebra smile, so they should be easy to spot.

Amber said...

I went to put the milk bottles out earlier tonight and OH! It felt like December already!!!! So not used to cold. (And what is up with these long word things below this???????)

Anonymous said...

Beautiful pictures! Hope you are all feeling better too.