Monday, April 5, 2010

Easter sayings

I hope everyone had a wonderful Easter. We had a nice day although we all really missed being with our larger family. I thought I would share some of the things that were said in the McIntyre house on Easter Sunday in chronological order:

Are we Canadian? - Alexa

If you stop talking, you can hear me fart on Mom. - Alexa

Ha! He doesn't know the answer. (pause) I don't know the answer either. - Mary

Ach! Men! - Alexa

Easter wouldn't be complete without a chocolate bunny. - Mary
And a guilt trip. - Amber

Put the chocolate carrot down. Step away from the carrot. - Richard

I am gonna eat this bunny's butt. - Alexa
You can't just gnaw on his butt. - Richard

Does anyone know what just happened? No? I farted. - Alexa

Wasn't my fault. - Alexa

There's my Easter Egg! - Alexa

I'll give you ten bucks if you stand in the middle of that water. - Richard

I didn't cut the cheese, by the way. - Alexa

I'm not licking yogurt off of my foot! - Amber
I would. - Alexa

What did you do with the milk?! - Mary

Men! Can't talk to them. Can't marry them. Can't live with them. - Alexa

Here is what happened before Easter. Mary and Joseph had to go to Bethlehem to pay something like taxes because the government said to. They could not find a hotel, but a guy said they could stay in his stable. Then Jesus was born. Then when he was 28 it was Easter. - Alexa


I am not sure that last one reflects very well on us as religious educators. In any case, I did set the record straight and we discussed a few other things that happened in between Christmas and Easter.

Here is a picture Richard took of me and the girls yesterday too.

5 comments:

Mom said...

It sounds like a very interesting day.

Theresa said...

Like the picture!

Mom said...

Sounds like a very interesting day.

Joan said...

So random and yet so much like a family. We miss you too!
Love the picture!!

Mary said...

Thanks!