Saturday, April 3, 2010

Religion section in the bookstore

While I am aware that the religion section in any Barnes and Noble is much smaller than the Fiction section, I remember it being at least a couple good size aisles. I went to the main bookstore in the UK today - Waterstones - to look for some Easter gifts for the girls. I like to get them something religious and associated with Easter.

First, I went to the Kids section thinking they might have something there for Alexa. I could not find anything! Then I began searching for Religion in general. I found it, but just two small sections on an aisle dedicated mostly to Philosophy. Not only that, but this was all religions - so only about a fourth of it was dedicated to Christianity and about one fifth of that was more about whether Jesus is God or not.

Don't get me wrong - I have nothing against other religions and I am happy to see equal opportunity for all religions. It was just a little weird for me. Usually there are even extra Christian books around Easter in the the US bookstores and I felt caught out a little unaware.

The good news is that I did find something for both girls after much searching.

I hope everyone has a beautiful Easter!

1 comment:

Mom said...

WOW. I am surprised.