Friday, March 11, 2011

Time flies

Is is really mid-March already?  This year has been a whirlwind already!

So here is a quick update on what I can remember so far...
  • I went to work in the Houston office just after Christmas and got right into the work.  Soon I had seven searches on my plate as well as a key account.  I love my job, but this has left little time for a blog - so bear with me on this.
  • Alexa fractured her arm on New Year's Day during our family Christmas - which was amazing!  (the family Christmas - not the broken arm.) She had two separate casts and just got the last one off mid-February.
  • Amber auditioned for a local teen talent show and made it to the final show.  She performed last Saturday and was great!  I think it is so cool how easy it seems for her to perform in front of an audience.
  • Alexa turned 10 and Amber turned 16.  We spent Amber's birthday at the Berend house and had a fabulous time!
  • I am trying to pick up golf again in my spare time - not getting very far yet though as I do not have much spare time.  Anyway - I am trying.
  • I joined the Fat Olympics with Theresa and Richard.  I am feeling pretty proud of my progress (lost 11 pounds so far).  Richard though is kicking butt!  I think he has lost more than 20 pounds already and is pushing it to the limit since we only have 5 days left in the contest.
  • We thought about adopting another dog in February.  We fostered Trapper for a few weeks and he is a great dog.  Unfortunately, Sara Lee did not adapt too well - so we decided he might be better for another family.  Sara Lee is our girl and she has to be happy first.
  • I finally bought a car!  I got a Hyundai Accent.  Pretty little and very basic - but great gas mileage.  This helps since I drive so far for work.  Funny thing though - there were none on the lot with automatic door locks and  windows.  Not that it is a big deal - but we haven't had a car like that in awhile.  So long in fact, that the girls actually asked how we open the doors!?!  They like the window cranks too.
I am going to work this weekend on finally downloading my pictures from my last trips to Belgium and France.  I will share soon.

Also, I am heading back to England for a week of work the last week of March.  I am ready for a night at the pub!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.