Saturday, December 19, 2009

Snow!

This week has been very cold in England and we finally got some snow!  It stuck to the ground on Wednesday – but has mostly melted since then.  I love walking in it!  Here are a few pictures form the week.

Tuesday was clear – but very cold!  Richard visited me in London for lunch and snapped a few photos while he was there.

028

076

080

086

120

Then the snow came on Wednesday…

042

040

055

065

067

And more on Thursday night…

Outside our house

162

The joy of a snowball in your hand!

163

164

The girls on their end of term walk home from school on Friday

007

We had breakfast at a corner pub (Gordon Bennett’s) this morning as a part of Market Day on Maple Road.  I love the atmosphere with the fireplace and Christmas decorations.

004

It was also the first time Alexa went to order on her own – you had to order at the bar.  I am not sure this is setting a good precedent.

Here we are today for our Christmas photo in our back garden.

McIntyre_Christmas_2009

Merry Christmas!

1 comment:

Joan said...

How rude am I??? I didn't even wish you HAPPY BIRTHDAY when we were talking yesterday. So sorry, My wish is for you to have the best year yet. Lots of Love - Joanie