Friday, December 5, 2008

One step closer

We took the plunge today and spoke with a realtor. I have the weekend to finish the few things we need to do to get the house ready and then Monday it will be officially on the market. The best news I heard from the realtor is that we do not need to change anything! What a relief. We will list it to buy or lease. Feels like such a big step - but everything seems to be working out so well so far.

My colleague from Aberdeen is moving to our Houston office in February and he really wants to live a "big American lifestyle." Cool for us because he really wants a big American car - so I am working with him on a deal for our GMC Yukon. It is almost as big as you can get - so he is all for it.

I am working on another deal for the HHR and it looks somewhat promising. It would be great to have a plan for both cars.

My plan for the weekend is to work out a few details on the cars, start the Pet Passport process for Sara Lee, box up extra stuff from around the house for storage, take some clothes to a consignment shop, put some furniture on Craig's List and watch a few Christmas movies. I think it is do-able - I will let you know how it goes.

On a sad note, Richard's Aunt MaryLou (Wally's sister) passed away yesterday. She has had Alzheimers for awhile and has been in a nursing home for the past year or so.
Richard told me that she did not know Wally had passed away, but that she does now. I take comfort in knowing that he is there welcoming her, along with her husband and two of her sons. Please say a prayer for Richard and his family this weekend.

No comments: