Saturday, January 30, 2010

Ready for the weekend!

As much as I love January for new beginnings - and this January was full of excellent starts - I am ready for February. I am ready for some rest and I know this month I will be able to see the fruits of my labor from last month.

As you know, Richard made the career decision to become a full-time photographer. This is the best thing from January. I believe him to be so talented and this is something he truly loves to do. Setting up a business hardly feels like work.

It is kinda funny because we just found this old British television show from the 70's called The Good Life. It is all about a guy who quits his corporate gig and decides to live off the land with his wife - in Surbiton! And when I say live off the land - it is his front and back yards. To be honest - it's not really that funny (just like most sitcoms form the 70's)- but somehow relatable in that Richard is in a similar spot of throwing corporate structure away and following his dream. I will try to find a few clips for you.

Anyway - we are off this morning to Southbank in London. I will post some photos from our excursion. Hope everyone has a great day!

4 comments:

Amber said...

oh if you put clips on here you will bore them to death... Its NOT funny and is horrible. but maybe they DO need to see a clip just to agree with what I just said :)

Joan said...

I'd love to see what Amber is moaning about.
Have a great weekend!

kingstonpeople said...

It was funny in it's time as being Green was a thing nobody went out of their way to do except hippies and eccentrics. However people in the UK use to use less disposable products i.e. carrier bags and where less wasteful in general.

Mary said...

I kinda like the show - like I like the old US shows of the same time period. Like The Facts of Life or Doogie Howser MD - great then - but not so funny now - but somehow I still like them.