Saturday, February 13, 2010

Few strange things from this week

So none of this is particularly important - but they caught my attention this week and either made me pause or smile.

Early in the week, I was walking from the tube to the office and saw a strange sight. In the tube station, I saw a woman in a halter dress with a light sweater. Now it may seem strange to see this when it is freezing outside. But what really made me pause was the immensity of her bosom. This is not something I usually take note of - but I have never seen anything like this. They were HUGE! I mean - imagine holding two of the largest watermelons you have ever seen - that is what it looked like and she had no bra. I am pretty sure there is no bra made that would hold them anyway. I am not sure how she was upright.

Another tube station story - I was waiting for the tube at Waterloo Station. Just before a train comes, there is a person on the plat form that says things like, "The train to Stratton is now approaching. Please stand behind the yellow line. Please allow all passengers off the train before boarding." This particular morning I noticed the platform attendant was an American. So that might seem strange, but I have heard him before. This morning though, I recognized the end of his little speech. As the train approached, he said the normal announcement and then ended with, "Be well, do good work and keep in touch." This made me laugh out loud because it is from NPR's The Writer's Almanac. Garrison Keeler says it at the end of each segment everyday. I know that shows what a nerd I am - but it still made me laugh.

I had a few others, but I have forgotten them now. They would probably only continue to confirm my nerdiness anyway.

Love you guys - have a great weekend!

1 comment:

Theresa said...

Love the little observations of your day. Wish I could have witnessed the watermelons. Sounds frightening.