Sunday, March 14, 2010

Things I am thankful for on Mother's Day in the UK.

It is weird having Mother's Day in March. It poses a dilemma - should I wish my own mother a Happy Mother's Day in the US - or wait until Mother's Day happens in the US in May? Well - why not both I guess. Happy Mother's Day to Mom and all of the other mothers out there.

To celebrate my own Mother's Day then, I thought I would share a few things I am thankful for as a mother:
* Of course first must be the big obvious ones of my beautiful and thoughtful daughters, Amber & Alexa.
* My wonderful husband, Richard, without whom I would not be a mother.
* Snuggles and cuddling.
* Two girlfirends who will always watch chick flicks with me.
* Watching my daughters take up causes and actually make a difference in the world.
* Being needed and loved unconditionally.
* Having my mind opened to new ways of thinking.
* My children's laughter and sharing in their joys.
* Being able to help them through their sorrows.
* Hugs.
* Being the most Awesome mother in the universe.  Yeah I said it. (okay Richard is typing this part)

 

RAMP_03142010_Surbiton_MothersDay_100 RAMP_03142010_Surbiton_MothersDay_101

No comments: