Saturday, March 13, 2010

To Wally

Today would have been my father-in-law's 71st birthday. I miss him so much - especially not being able to share with him our new adventure and seeing how proud he would be of Richard following his dreams. Wally was a second father to me - picking up right where my father left off by telling me himself that my dad had passed away. I thought I would take this opportunity to share with you a few of the things and events I remember and loved about Wally:

* He had an amazing sense of humour.
* The way he held my daughters for the first time - and all the times afterwards.
* How he loved football and baseball and so many other sports.
* How he loved and respected his wife.
* The picnics we would have in the heat of the Texas summer with barbeque chicken and playing catch.
* Family Football Competition - I loved how he and Frances always wore team shirts.
* Hugs
* The nicknames he gave his grandchildren.
* The pride he had in his children and grandchildren.
* The pure joy on his face as he watched his kids and grandchildren play.
* How he loved his dogs.
* His encouragement and support to his family and friends.
* That he always found the best in others.
* His laugh.
* His love of life - he truly lived the motto: Love Laugh Live






Miss you Wally - Happy Birthday.

1 comment:

Mom said...

I liked your blog about Wally.