Sunday, March 1, 2009

Exploring

This weekend I have been out exploring. Yesterday I strolled through Kingston, shopping and people watching. I had a great time. In one of the squares, there was a band playing very cool original music. Here's a quick pic:

Today, during my walk, I decided to explore some of the back streets more and came across a magical park in the heart of Surbiton. After looking at a map, I learned the name of the park is The Wood. I felt like a kid as I walked though it. No sidewalks, lots of hills and natural trails with these amazingly tall trees towering overhead. Lots of places to explore. The grass was green and the trees bare, but there were holly bushes and trailing wild rose bushes and ivy creeping everywhere. There was even a little rabbit hole and you just expected the bunny to poke it's head out at any minute. Best of all, it was so peaceful and quiet. Nothing but the birds chirping and a lone owl, who-who-ing away. I sat on a log and soaked it all in. I could see it so clearly in my mind, a day with Richard and the girls in this park. The girls wandering and playing and exploring while Richard and I relaxed.

I promise to go back next weekend and take pictures. I am sure it will become prettier every day as the flowers start to bloom.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

The park sounds great. I want to live somewhere close to where you are now. I reall ylike the area. Well, at least the girls and you can live there. I will have a nice place to visit.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Feel like you are writing for the Rocky Mountain News yet?

The girls and I appreciate what you are sharing with us and look forward to reading more.

Mary said...

I know that not many read this or even get anything out of it - but if you and the girls do, that is what matters most to me.