Saturday, March 7, 2009

Jubilee Line Suspended

Friday morning I took the train from Surbiton to Waterloo, just as always. At Waterloo, I usually take the Jubilee tube line to the station in Mayfair. However, the Jubilee Line was suspended and the tube station was backed up as crowds of people just stood there - waiting.

I thought I would be smart and get breakfast while I waited. Not really that smart, because 15 minutes later, the crowd was twice the size and the original crowd had not moved at all.

I am not one to wait around when I could be doing something, so I decided to walk to the next tube station. I am glad I did. Here is what I saw along the way:

Walking over Waterloo Bridge

What a beautiful day for a line suspension!

I especially liked seeing The Queen Mary.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can't wait to see the Queen Mary myself! That's a great view to have on a walk to work. Mine is better because I have pictures of you taped to the inside of my sun glasses so I get to look at you while I'm driving the girls to school every morning.

Not sure why people keep honking at me though. I'm mean, sure, I can't see the road, but the view...it's amazing!

Mary said...

God I miss you!