Saturday, April 25, 2009

Glorious Day in Surbiton & Kingston

Today I explored a bit to see what is around the house we will be living in. It was a little chilly - but the sun was shining. So I first took a walk to the new house. I found the Queen's Promenade at the end of the street - a walkway along the River Thames from Surbiton to Kingston. Here are a few sights I saw on my stroll along the promenade.
The buildings in the background are Kingston.
Captain of the little boat - he saluted me after I took the picture.
The Riverside Cafe - halfway between Surbiton & Kingston
I think this is a female rowing team practicing.
Across the river.
Pretty Houseboat
Once I made it into Kingston, I walked along this canal to get the Market Square:
Today there was a French Market in the square. I bought all my fruits and vegetables for the week along with some cheese.
After I had a fresh Lemonsugar Crepe made, I found a pretty little spot in the courtyard of All Saints Church to eat. I love the flowers in the trees and the fallen petals on the walkway.
The Street performers were out in force today. I took some video - but I cannot seem to download it correctly. I will see what I can do in the next few days.

2 comments:

Theresa said...

It is amazingly beautiful. I'm often jealous at how picturesque it is!

Joan said...

How pretty! ANd it looks like the weather is perfect - even iff chilly. It was 90 degrees here Friday! It is not even May yet:-(