Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Street Performers

One of the things I really like about London are the street performers. They are very unassuming and usually pretty good. I especially like the ones that play in the halls of the tube stations. The acoustics are really nice. I have seen and heard performers on guitar, violin, clarinet, saxophone, flute, keyboard, bagpipes(and they always wear a kilt to play the bagpipes), accordion and harp. I have also heard singers of opera, standards and folk music. It makes me smile every time.

Here is a clip of a street performer I saw in Kingston last weekend. He is singing an Elton John song - but it is hard to hear in the video. It reminds me of a movie - guess which one.


8 comments:

Theresa said...

No idea what movie. But that is fun!

Mary said...

Ahh - too bad - it is a really good movie!

Theresa said...

Sound of music?

Amy said...

AUGUST RUSH!!!

Amy said...

The 2 guys behind him are kinda hot from what I can see.... heehee. prolly not in my age group anyway.....o well....

Amber said...

oooo your right amy! good eye! but probably not in my age range either... darn...

Mary said...

It is August Rush!
I think the boys are in your age range probably 15ish - the one playing the guitar was a little younger.

Anonymous said...

Amber is now staying in the US due to her comment. Sorry Amber...