Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Happy Birthday to my sisters

How wonderful to be able to celebrate two birthdays in one day. Here's a big shout-out to Joan and Kelly - Happy Birthday! I hope you both have a wonderful day!

Joan - I am so glad you are my big sister! I used to think it would have been better of you were my little sister - but now I know it was meant to be this way. Thank you for Seventeen magazine when I was in high school, sharing your clothes with me sometimes, taking me to see Kenny G, including me in confirmation retreats and all the fun stuff we used to do. Thank for being not only a sister, but also a friend and a confidante and for staying in touch with me so well in this big move. I hope you have a wonderful year!

Kelly - I am so lucky to have acquired you as a sister - what a nice side benefit to marrying Richard. You are always so supportive and helpful. I miss car pooling with you and shopping with you and generally talking with you. I wish we had had more girl time together before we moved so far away. Thank you for all of your help and for watching out for my family while I was away from them. You are a true friend and sister! I hope this year is your best yet!

Here's to the birthday girls! Hip hip hooray!

2 comments:

Joan said...

I'm glad you are my sister and that we have gotten to share so many things through the years. I love how you laugh both at me and with me in my struggle for coordination in clothing and fashion. And I admire you so much for what you have accomplished. I am so proud of you and I love you.
Thank you for the birthday wishes.

Amber said...

You got Seventeen when you were my age? woooohhww thats freaky ;)-Happy B-day!