Wednesday, September 30, 2009

It's like Harry Potter...

I just found out today that Alexa's school has houses that each class is divided into from start to finish. Obviously they do not live there, but they are divided in each class into different houses and stay in that house as long as they are at the school. They also earn "house points" through good deeds and lose points for bad behavior.

I feel a little out of the loop on these things - but honestly - Alexa just doesn't tell us these things. I only found out today because she earned her house (Herons) two points today for informing the teacher of a stranger taking pictures of a group of girls on the playground. The Head Mistress even seems a bit like Dumbledore - she came into the Year 4 class and had Alexa and her group of friends involved stand up and expressed how sensible they acted and awarded them the points. Cool.

I just found out that Alexa also has a dance recital tomorrow afternoon. I have no idea of when it is - but she has apparently been preparing since school started. Too bad I will miss it, but I am sure Richard will video for me.

I will post some pictures soon of our recent weekend adventures. We have visited Richmond, seen the remnants of a regatta on the river, attended the Surbiton Festival and gone to see The Monument and St. Pancras station. I will show and tell all about them soon.

No comments: