Wednesday, September 2, 2009

I miss Richard

The girls have been here a little over a month and I absolutely LOVE having them here. It is wonderful to have their hugs and snuggles, conversations and laughter, and even to be able to settle their disputes and dry their tears. Still, there is a big hole in our household. We all miss Richard so much!

I miss his jokes and how he helps me to not take myself so seriously. I miss his smile and his laughter and the way he teases and cares for the girls. I miss having someone who always knows what I am thinking. I like that we can have disjointed conversations with incomplete sentences and know exactly what we are talking about - no explanations necessary.

I miss having timeless nothings with Richard, where we just sit on the back porch and watch the clouds blow by. I miss the way we work together in taking care of household stuff - like solving a mouse problem or hanging massive pictures or trimming the hedges.

I miss walks together, watching TV together - really doing anything together. Eight months is way too long to be apart from the love of your life...

3 comments:

Amber said...

Last night while it was raining, me and Alexa were watching the rain. We were remembering when we would sit out in the garage and just watch the rain with Dad and how much we wanted to do that right then with him.

Anonymous said...

I will do my best to be there as soon as I can so we can watch the rain together again. I remember doing the same thing with my dad, just sitting out in the garage, watching the rain and talking. Those were good times.

Anonymous said...

I miss all of those things as well Mary and can't wait until the day we can restart our lives together. My soul has been missing its mate.