Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Invisible on the train?

You know how people think they are invisible when they are driving on the freeway in their cars? I cannot remember the number of times I would see someone in their own world while driving down the freeway. I have to admit I did it myself from time to time - singing my heart out to a song on the radio, not caring who else saw me.

The weird thing is, I saw someone on the train this morning who apparently thought he was invisible to everyone else on the train. Unfortunately, he was right in my line of sight. He was not singing however. No, he was casually and deeply picking his nose.

Now this was not an ordinary pick. He had obviously worked on this technique quite awhile as it was fairly sophisticated - but still pretty obvious. He was reading a book and would place one of his fists against the side of his face - like on his knuckles - close to his nose and mouth. Then he would uncurl his pinky finger and reach it into his nostril and dig around. This was pretty deep too - I mean up to his second knuckle. Then he would slide it back out and rub the tip of his pinky along his lips. He was ambidextrous with this technique too as he would trade off hands. It was amazing to me the length of time he took as well. Only once did I see him glance up and look around. I thought, "Oh, I've been busted watching him." But no, he went right back at it.

Finally the guy next to me held up his magazine so I could no longer see the guy. Thank you!

2 comments:

Theresa said...

OMG! That is disgusting!

Mary said...

Yes - it really is! -and the guy had to be at least 50 years old...