Thursday, February 5, 2009

Trying new things

Today I interviewed a candidate at a Turkish restaurant in Shepherd's Market in Mayfair. The restaurant is called Sofra and the chef is from Turkey - of course. The place does not have more than 20 very small tables and they are all very close together. Since I have not had Turkish food before, I chose to have the Healthy Meal. This consisted of 11 different dishes. I know it does not sound very healthy - but it actually was. I could not tell you everything I ate. I know I had hummus and some bread, what looked like an egg roll and some sort of fried pastry puff with meat inside, a mini lamb burger, chicken and beef skewers, a yogurt thing with what looked like soy beans in it, a tiny green salady dish, some fried meat patties and some grilled meat as well. It was all really good - I will definitely eat there again! Would I recommend food from Turkey? I certainly would!

On my way back to the office, I saw another restaurant that serves Polish and Mexican food. Interesting combination - I will have to try it sometime...

4 comments:

Joan said...

And with all the walking and calorie burning from trying to stay warm, you're just using up all that food you're eating. How much have you lost so far?

Mary said...

I have no idea - I do not have a scale or a mirror.

Joan said...

Well, how do your clothes fit? Looser?

Mary said...

somewhat looser - yes