Friday, June 12, 2009

Home sweet home

I officially moved into the new house yesterday. All of the furniture was delivered yesterday and today - along with a huge number of boxes to unpack. Seriously, I cannot believe how many there are after all of the stuff we got rid of back in December.

Looks like all of the furniture will fit - but I think the delivery men are still cussing me out after I made them take the heaviest stuff to the 3rd level of the house. I just have one problem. Our king size headboard will not go up the stairs. Looks like a furniture handyman will come out to the house and basically take the headboard apart, take it to the top floor and then put it back together.

I am pretty excited about a new service I get at our new house. Well, it's not a new service - just new to me. I am going to have milk delivered to my doorstep every Monday, Wednesday and Friday. How cool is that? It's the little things...

I am still working on moving things between my flat and the house. Busy weekend for me!

3 comments:

Amber said...

lol! Is my stuff that heavy??? I feel bad for the workers... I'm also sorry that the headboard wont come up the stairs. lol......

Theresa said...

This is so exciting! Isn't it weird that you're moving across the pond and I'm having a native move over here? Sounds like Lindsey will get to enjoy the newness of big spaces! I'm glad you have your stuff. That must bring you some comfort. Now to get your family over there . . .

Joan said...

Can you believe it has been 6 months!! I bet you can being lonely there in Londontown. But it won't be long now and the girls will be there and keeping you busy and helping you fix up the place. Right, Amber and Alexa??? Right??