Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Some initial pictures of the house

I am gradually settling into the new place. Here are a few pictures.
The kitchen is pretty nice size - I enjoy cooking so much more here than in the closet kitchen I had in the flat.
I promise it is all the same color - it's my picture taking that is off.
Obviously I did not have time to clean up before taking the pictures...

The living room...is also the dining room.
And the dryer...
is also the back garden.
I am going to have to get a real dryer before winter sets in.

Here is Alexa's room
Here is Amber's room
And here is a little bit of our bedroom - I am still working on this room.
Our American king size bed just fits - but the headboard is currently stuck on the stair landing of the first floor.

I still have some work to do to get it in shape for the family's arrival. It is already starting to feel like home and will be complete when we are all together.







6 comments:

Mom said...

It looks like you have been very busy setting everything up. The house looks very nice and much more comfortable than the apartment.

Theresa said...

wow! it looks great! I was going to tell you to post pictures. it looks so light and airy -- and roomy! It's got to be bigger than 1200 sq ft.

Joan said...

Are you kidding me?? You "obviously didn't clean up". Even dirty it looks cleaner than my kitchen. Sometimes you just make me laugh. I want a picture when you think it is really filthy.

Mary said...

I have to say - I think it feels bigger than 1200 square feet too. I probably have done the math wrong anyway. If it is 12.5 feet wide and 40 feet long and there are three floors - I guess that would be 1500 square feet assuming the stairs count - is that right? Someone check my math.

Anonymous said...

Mary,

Your house looks great! I know you are so happy to be in it. You have always been such the decorator. I have been showing Campbell your new house and she really likes it:)
We miss you Mary!
Love,
Kelly

Mary said...

Kelly - I miss you all too! Tell Campbell I cannot wait to see her again. Maybe you guys can come to visit sometime and see everything first hand. I would love that!