Sunday, June 28, 2009

One Summer Saturday

This Saturday started out glorious. It was a crisp cool morning as I headed to meet a Man with a Van (mover) at the flat. Seriously - that's what they are called. In any case, we started loading the van at 7 AM and were done moving everything by 10 AM.

After a little nap, I headed down the Queen's Promenade to enjoy the beautiful weather. A lot of other people had the same idea.


Here is a paddle boat that is frequently in operation. It takes people to and from Hampton Court. I am thinking that Richard and the girls and I will make a day of it one day this summer.


Here are some longboats docked in Kingston. These are sort of like motor homes for the water ways here. You can rent one out for a week and take it on the rivers or canals all over England. Looks like it might be fun.

I had a burger in my favorite burger spot - Byron's. It was open air today as they opened up the whole side of their restaurant and took it outdoors. (Notice the heaters for when it cools down at night.)

Here is the Beer Garden in Market Square in Kingston. I think it is open all summer.


I also did my produce shopping in the market before heading home.


I am not sure if this will make you feel better or not, but it rained on my way home and I was soaked. I am not complaining though.

I miss you all and wish you were here with me!

3 comments:

Mom said...

I wish I was there too. It is way hotter here than there. I love and miss you.

Amber said...

O
M
G
!
That looks so much fun! I think we should rent one of those boat thing one time... it would be fun!

Anonymous said...

The man with the van...and you are down by the river. Did he try to motivate you in any way?

Looks great there, can't wait to walk along the river with you.