Thursday, July 30, 2009

The beautiful sound of laughter

This has been the first week the girls have been in London and I have been back to work. They seem to be settling in well and are even doing their chores daily - not that they have a lot of them.

They seem to be getting along fairly well - although on Monday I think I got about 8 calls saying "Mom, she's being mean to me!" or "She's not listening to me!" They have become less and less. Today I only got one that said, "I am cold and she won't go home with me!" I said, "Work it out" and they did. Bet you would never hear that in Texas in late July.

We have rented a few movies this week after dinner and had fun just hanging out. Tonight, I rented an 80's movie for them while I finished up some work. It was so great to hear their laughter floating up to me as I worked. I have really missed that sound.

Here's a movie quote - let me know if you know what movie they watched tonight:
"Calvin? Why do you keep calling me Calvin?"
"Well, that's your name isn't it? Calvin Klein? It's written all over your underwear."

3 comments:

Joan said...

"Back to the Future - Part ONE"

Theresa said...

I LOVE that one! I was busy working, so I didn't get to chime in with the answer right away!

Theresa said...

Actually, no I was at the pediatrician's office around that time.