Saturday, July 11, 2009

International London

I went to a pub near my office with a group of co-workers last night. It was so strange to me that there were more international patrons to this pub than actual Brits. In our group alone, there were two Americans, an Australian, a Columbian, two Scots and two Brits. Over the course of the evening, others in the pub drifted in and out of our group and conversations. One was a English, one Scottish, another Australian, and an Irishman.

But the strangest of all was a group of 8 guys. They were tourists and found the Americans in London to be unique and kept snapping pictures of Sarah and me. What was strange though is that they were all Finnish Air Traffic Controllers. I guess it is just as stressful a job as Air Traffic Controllers anywhere else and they were definitely letting off some steam. They were very funny.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Strange indeed! Guys taking pictures of pretty girls...I've never heard of such a thing!!!

Just wierd.

I went into one of those self-service photo booths and it would not take my picture. Maybe they have some rule about pants.

Theresa said...

That is kinda weird. Did you talk to them?

Mary said...

Yeah - we did talk with them. They were celebrating some land battle won over Russia from years agao. Very strange - but very proud of Finland.