Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Good friends & synchronized swimming

I think I have told you all about my friend Sharon here in the UK. She helped me set up my flat when I first arrived here and has been wonderfully supportive. We have been trying to get together for dinner for ages, but it just hasn't happened due to our conflicting schedules.

Finally we were able to arrange a time to get together. I met her and her family in Ascot tonight to attend a synchronized swimming event. Sharon's daughter, Leander, is very involved with a synchronized swimming club and actually competes in the sport. The event tonight was sort of like a dance recital for synchronized swimmers. It was really interesting and I truly respect the girls who do this. I am amazed at what they can do.

On an interesting note, there was one girl there who is a master at the sport and competes on an international level. She ended the show with a tribute to Michael Jackson. I think it is safe to say I never thought I would be able to say I saw a tribute to MJ in synchronized swimming - but I actually can. It was actually pretty good too.

1 comment:

Theresa said...

that's funny and weird.