Friday, May 15, 2009

Missing Wally

Wally passed away one year ago today. Sometimes it feels like yesterday and that we are still in an alternate reality to how things are supposed to be. Other times, it feels like we have been aching in this grief for such a long time and feels like it will never end. I do know that it will get better though and that Wally's love is still with us no matter what.

Wally was a second father to me. I had just met him when my own father passed away. In fact, he was the one who told me about my dad. What courage and heart!

Things I loved about Wally:

* He always made a point to say hello to everyone he saw
* He was always encouraging to his family and friends
* He made the best pizza
* He loved clocks and watches
* He loved a good joke
* He loved to tease
* He had such a bright and easy smile
* He liked cook-outs with family
* He loved baseball and football and sports in general
* He loved to give to others
* He truly listened to others and cared about what they were saying
* He gave great hugs
* He adored his grandchildren and they adored him
* He was so proud of his children and his wife
* He made everyone feel loved

I miss you!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thank you Mary. Today was a tough day, but Mom, Rober, Kelly and I spent the day together and it was great. Just the way he would have liked it. Of course it would have been better if you were here, but we will see you soon.