Wednesday, May 20, 2009

What's that smell?

Nice ride in on the train this morning. I was really happy because I got a seat on the fast train. It was in the middle of two men and the train was crowded, but still I got a seat.

Then the smell hit - someone had farted. Now if it were just that once and the odor moved on, that would be OK. Unfortunately, the offender must have had a bad case - because the hits just kept on coming - all the way into London. And it was definitely a silent but deadly attack.

I kept trying not to breathe. I know it was not the man or woman across from me because I kept seeing their noses wrinkle as well.

When we arrived in London, the "fresh" air of the station was never such a welcome sniff.

4 comments:

Mary said...

Yeah - it was pretty bad.

Joan said...

Where was that 'great man' of the Budwieser commercials who could have been that "deep smeller of farts that removes the smell for the rest of us"?
Maybe you should put a hankerchief with perfume on it in your bag for just such situations when you are trapped.

Amber said...

That has happened to me before in Language class. The guy in front of me for 3 days straight kept letting the SBD farts go AND in math 2! Everybody was so relieved to get in the Hall then get in math and go, ohhhhhhhhh! But the first time everybody could smell it! Even from across the room and everybody kept saying that it smelled like eggs, which it did...

Anonymous said...

Sorry...