Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Suggested content

My sister Joan suggested I share with everyone my most embarrassing moment. That is a little difficult as I have been in a number of situations that others may consider embarrassing, but that I consider as character building.

In any case, her suggestion did make me think of a recent event that you may find amusing. On New Year's Eve, Richard and I had a rare morning and afternoon to ourselves. (I know where you think this is going - but it isn't.) We did a little shopping and decided to go to Tommy Bahamas for lunch. As we were enjoying our lunch and conversation, I suddenly felt the need to relieve my bladder. I was single focused and rushed into the restroom and straight for the stall. I quickly tinkled and opened the stall door to head for the sinks to wash my hands.

It was at this moment that I noticed the restroom looked different than I remembered - I have been to the restroom at Tommy Bahamas before but apparently not this one. There in front of me were two urinals and in a rush I remembered that the Ladies Room is on the other side of the hall. Thankfully, there were no men in the room. I rushed out of there in the hopes that no one saw me in my bright pink jacket leaving the Men's Room.

A few minutes later, I was able to tell Richard what happened through my fits of laughter.

See - character building!

2 comments:

Joan said...

See - you do have great blogs!! It was great.
I posted my own so you are not alone. And may I say - Your's was character building, me - I was just Stupid!!

Theresa said...

Wow, I've done this too, and recently. I went to the Men's room when I was at another law firm for a mediation. My male client was right behind me. My face turned purple, but I pulled it together and said something witty like, "I knew it couldn't be right when I saw a newspaper on the floor."